March 6 – 14, 2019
With the current COVID-19 situation, due to capacity restrictions and regulations, Big White Ski Resort ,Ski School are yet to finalise which ski improvements programs will be available in the 20/21 season. We currently have pencilled in this tentative date, and pricing will be provided once the Resort confirms ski instruction programs and pricing.
Join your host Sue Thorley, for a truly unique hosted ski week experience of skiing and boarding adventure. There will be fabulous après ski activities, as well on and off mountain exclusive events. You will have your own luxury ski-in / ski-out condominium at Stonebridge Lodge Resort or Stonegate Resort; both perfectly located in the heart of the snowbound village. Each condo has a private hot tub, perfect to soak in, at the end of the day.
Your hosted ski week at Big White will delight everyone with the exceptional “champagne powder” snow. Together with your host ─ Sue Thorley ─ you will explore the best of Big White ─ groomed runs, powder bowls, glades and more. With an average of 7.5 m (24.5 ft) of snow, and 118 runs across 1,147 ha (2,765 acres) of patrolled terrain, you will never want to leave! This will be an experience of a lifetime.
Our hosted group will welcome intermediate to advanced skiers only, with the group size limited to 8 guests.
Your Hosted Ski Week Experience
- All airport transfers to/from Kelowna Airport (airfares not included).
- 8 nights accommodation at Stonebridge or Stonegate staying in a luxury condominium with hot tub.
- 6 of 7 day lift pass, inclusive of one free day.
- Welcome drinks and dinner on the night of your arrival hosted by Sue Thorley, at her Stonebridge home.
- First tracks – enjoy this exclusive early opening experience. First of all, you have exclusive access to the mountain. Then enjoy 90- minutes of instruction by one of the Big White Ski School’s highly qualified instructors. To finish the experience, devour a well-earned typical Canadian breakfast. First tracks concludes with a lesson debrief with your instructor.
- Après ski cocktails ‘Tallahassee style’.
- Sleigh ride experience through the enchanted snow covered forests under the night skies, and enjoy a delicious dinner at the cozy log cabin.
- Wine Lovers Wednesday @ The Globe at Big White – enjoy a flight of local wines paired with tapas, hosted by a local Okanagan. winemaker.
- Afternoon drinks and appies at our secret on-mountain cabin – you have to ski to this hideaway.
- Exclusive off-mountain experience – half day wine tour including paired food & wine lunch and transportation.
- Farewell dinner hosted by Sue Thorley and her ski buddies.
- Gratuities for all package events.
Sue Thorley has spent nearly two decades skiing at Big White with her husband and children. She knows the mountain inside out. Sue holds CSIA Level 1 (2017) and Level 2 (2018) Ski Instructors Certification.
She is affectionately known as the “Lady Mayoress” due to her social connectivity around the mountain. She lives at Stonebridge, now spending at least three months each season at Big White ─ and a well-regarded figure of the Big White local community. You too, will become part of the Big White community.
During your hosted ski week, Sue will provide ‘guided mileage’, not instruction. Probably expect to be joined most days by other like-minded, passionate ski buddies of your host, who also come to Big White from around the globe.
Together we will explore the mountain, and find the secret stashes, only the locals know. Most importantly, the hosted ski week is all about having fun, exploring the terrain, and improving your ski and board technique and ability.
Hosted Ski Week Terms and Conditions*
Hosted tour package price is based on per person twin share, in CDN$, land only and for the advertised travel period only. We require a 50% deposit at time of confirmation, and the balance 60 days prior to arrival. The hosted tour package is subject to change and availability. Furthermore, airfares, insurance, meals (unless specified), other activities and all items of a personal nature are not included.
Price variations may occur with currency fluctuations and other events beyond our control. We can arrange a single supplement and larger quad share, 2 bedroom condos, subject to availability. The configuration, features and amenities of all condominiums will vary.
Subject to weather conditions, you can expect up to 4 hours of hosted skiing on snow each day. The resort hours are 8.45 am – 3.30 pm, Ms. Thorley will undertake very effort to ensure she is the host for the ski week. However, this cannot be guaranteed, due to reasons beyond our control. A suitable and equivalent substitute will be provided in the event of Ms. Thorley’s inability to host for any reason.
We reserve the right to cancel or reschedule the hosted package for any reason, including insufficient demand or force majeure. A 25% cancellation fee applies once the deposit is paid. The package is non-refundable once final payment is made. Amendments will incur change fees which will be advised at the time of changes.
COVID-19 Peace of Mind Policy: Full refunds will be provided should government travel restrictions be in place from your departing, city, country or entry to Canada.
Travel insurance is highly recommended and we can assist with competitively priced insurance.
All travelers ski or snowboard at their own risk, and will be required to sign a Waiver form with Big White Ski Resort Ltd when collecting their lift pass.
Keeping Up with the Changes: As the world situation evolves, we will evolve too. In conjunction with Big White Ski Resort, all policies are constantly being reviewed and will be updated and extended if and when needed, assuring you of safe skiing, and peace of mind.