Big White’s Ski & Board School has adapted their learning program for the 2020-2021 season to be COVID-19 safe. Group lessons, as we know them in the traditional sense, will not be available, replaced by private and semi-private lessons available for families and guests in the same bubble.
Pre-registration and pre-payment is required for all lessons. Contact the Ski & Board School Directly
The following information is provided by the Big White Ski & Board School. Their focus is to deliver the lesson product as safely as possible. Due to covid-19 regulations:
- The Ski & Board School desk has been relocated to the Kids Centre.
- Group lessons are no longer possible in the traditional sense, these will be replaced by private and semi-private, “family bubble lessons”.
- Kids lessons will be available for children aged 5 -12 years.
- Adults & teen lesson programs and pricing available here Private Lessons.
- Mom/Dad & Me Are Skiing lesson is the only beginner option available for children ages 3-4 and older this season.
- Ski School Operations will run at 30% of last years capacity.
- First Tracks and Late Tracks programs will be available, as will the CSIA Instructors Level 1 Courses.
- Day care services will be suspended. The Kids Centre will only be open for emergency children services such as washroom use and warming.
- Disappointly Ski School must suspend Freeride, Ladies Day, Masters Monday, Masters Week, After School Program, and GAP programs.
- Cross country (group and private) and snowshoe lessons are suspended as groups of strangers are unable to be put together.
- Ski School will not be offering 50% off early bird lesson vouchers or 15% off on group lessons to season passholders.
Even with COVID changes, school’s looking pretty cool, slopeside at Canada’s favourite family resort, Big White Ski Resort. There’s a huge variety of terrain, in perfect snow conditions, guaranteeing the best outdoor socially distanced classroom ever!
Whatever your ability, whether you ski or board the Ski & Board School has an excellent blackboard of improvement lessons and programs for all ages and abilities, offered in a COVID safe way.
Join your host Sue Thorley, for a truly unique hosted ski week experience of skiing and boarding adventure. There will be fabulous après ski activities, as well on and off mountain exclusive events.
The ultimate women’s ski trip. Designed for women, by a woman, and hosted by Sue Thorley, an Australian recreational skier for 30+ years, and founder of travel planning company — Stonebridge at Big White.
Our team from Stonebridge at Big White, can provide recommendations of instructors best suited to your ability and needs. This is how we love to help!