Visa Requirements for travel to Canada & the USA.

Most travellers need a visitor  Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA ) to travel to, or transit through, Canad and the United States Of America.

What you need depends on:

  • the type of travel document you will travel with;
  • the country that issued your travel document;
  • your nationality; and
  • how you will travel to Canada & the USA.

Before you applyfind out about Canadian Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA).

Apply for Canadian eTA.  More information.


If you are transiting or stopping over in the United States of America, en route to Canada, The USA Dept of Homeland Security will  most likely  require you to complete an eSTA visitor visa.  This application must be processed AT LEAST 72 hours prior to arrival in any USA entry port.

USA esTA Visa information here.